The Australian Peak Shippers' Association (APSA) is the peak body as designated by the Federal Minister of Infrastructure and Transport performing a vital role in protecting Australia's export supply chain.
Freight & Trade Alliance (FTA) is Australia's leading representative body for the international supply chain sector bringing together importers, customs brokers, freight forwarders and logistics service providers.
- FTA and APSA continue to successfully represent members (businesses and associations) in mediating commercial outcomes and in representation to government.
- FTA is a registered lobbyist via the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- APSA is Australia's representative to the Global Shippers Forum (GSF) being the world's leading trade association for shippers engaged in international trade moving goods by all modes of transport.
- FTA is an Associate Member of the International Federation of Customs Brokers Associations (IFCBA) with a focus on generating legislative and operational improvements for the benefit of both customs brokers and their clients.
FTA and APSA are represented on the following consultative forums:
- National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF)
- NCTF Legislative Matters sub-committee
- NCTF Regulatory Reform sub-committee
- NCTF Single Window sub-committee
- NCTF Trade Facilitation sub-committee
- NCTF Public-Private Global Alliance on Trade Facilitation Group
- Law Council of Australia Customs and International Trade Committee
- Office of Transport Security (OTS) Cargo Working Group
- Rail Access Strategy - Port of Melbourne
- Port Botany Landside Improvement strategy (PBLIS) Mandatory Standards Working Group
- NSW Ports Cargo Facilitation Committee
- Department of Agriculture & Water Resources Cargo Consultative Committee(DCCC)
- Australian Border Force - Trade & Goods Compliance Advisory Group (CAG)
- Australian Trusted Trader Streamlined Cargo Reporting Working Group
- Australian Border Force - NSW Trade Facilitation Forum
- Australian Border Force - Victorian Service Provider Working Group
"Working with the Freight & Trade Alliance has allowed us to effectively engage with border agencies to lead reforms in cargo reporting and declaration requirements to tie in with contemporary business practices - we look forward to your ongoing support in achieving ongoing cost savings and efficiencies in international supply chain management."
Director Policy - Government and Corporate Relations
Australian Retailers Association